Blessed are the people of whom this is true; blessed are the people whose God is the Lord. Psalm 144:15
This week has been an incredible week here at the Hornback Homestead as the weather has warmed up considerable from last week when we stayed in the 20’s in the day and single digits at night. I have been able to get outdoors and do some chores around the homestead to include finally taking down the outside Christmas lights!
Whenever I am able to get outdoors and work around the homestead, I feel even more blessed than normal. In today’s passage from the Psalms, David proclaims that blessed are the people whose God is the Lord. To that I must shout an enthusiastic AMEN! In spite of my disease, I am a blessed man because God is my Lord. I wish I could list all the ways in which I am blessed but that would take up far too much space. Here are just a few of the things that would make the list:
- He protects and sustains me.
- He provides for my every need.
- He makes me content even in my valleys.
- He encourages and teaches me through His Holy Word.
- He enables me to write encouraging devotions and books.
- He listens to my prayers, my cries for mercy, and my pleadings
- He saves me from my sin and gives me eternal life.
- He has given me a devoted wife and three wonderful children.
- He has allowed me to live and prosper in the greatest country on earth.
- He gives my life purpose in spite of my struggles with early-onset Alzheimer’s disease.
- He provides opportunities for Christian fellowship and service.
- He loves me unconditionally and showers me with His grace!
As I reread the entire 144th Psalm, I could see many of the things I had listed were also part of David’s declaration in his royal psalm.
Perhaps you also feel that you are blessed today in spite of your struggles. If so, share your feelings with others. Declare that you are God’s child and are therefore truly blessed! Then thank God for all He has done in your life. It will draw you closer to Him, make you more content, brighten your spirit, and align you with the blessed people of God!